Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

College HP printer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarBourne

ISP
Feb 9, 2009
US
Hey i have an hp photosmart C4200 series all-in-one printer, and im doing a big college report at BC university, i've never used my scanner part of my printer, but now i NEED to and theres a problem. Whenever i place a picture to be scanned onto my computer and hit scan, a couple seconds later, on my little screen on my printer that says copy color, copy black-and-white, and scan, it says error, USB not connected, i've checked both my usb connections and even switched the usb slot, but no luck, i really need help now as fast as possible!!!!!!!! It's a really big essay worth at least 30% of my final grade. PLEASE POST NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you installed the full driver? Check the port setting in it, If you have plugged in any USB device, it may have taken it. You may have to re-install printer driver.
Select another USB port, and see if it will take.

"Impatience will reward you with dissatisfaction" RMS Cosmics'97

Always ALWAYS install the printer driver before connecting your USB Printer.

Uninstall your drivers.

Unplug your USB cable.

Install your drivers.

Plug the cable in WHEN TOLD TO.

Just my 2¢

"What the captain doesn't realize is that we've secretly replaced his Dilithium Crystals with new Folger's Crystals."

--Greg

Rather than pushing the scan selection on the printer, do the scan from the HP software on the attached computer or use the Camera/Scanner Wizard located in All Programs, Accessories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back