Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

collaboratively filling a form with required fields in a workflow 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 14, 2011
PT
Hi,

I created a form template to use inside a workflow. This template as 3 required fields.

In the workflow, I have 4 steps. The first step is the initial step. The second and third steps are form steps and the fourth is something to do wit a document.

In the firste step I want the user to see only some fields of the form template and input values only to those fields. the same with the second two steps. To accomplish this I created form views. Basically, I edit the html of the template, delete some fields in each view, save tit and then imported as views of the template.

The problem is that, Im getting an error in the first step saying that "One or more fields are required and need to be filled". I guess these fields are the fields I deleted from the views (and that are required). I thought that this validation was client side or if it was server side, the fields I deleted from the view were not counting towards this validation. So my question is: how can I have users filling a form in a collaboratively way when the form has required fields?

thank you

I think you may have set the fields to be required on the TEMPLATE, which makes them required EVERYWHERE, you should be able to make them optional in the template and then apply ClientSide validation on your form view to ensure that the correct ones are populated when needed.

Greg Griffiths
Livelink Certified Developer & ECM Global Star Champion 2005 & 2006

yes I set the required fields on the template. I thought that if I deleted them from the html views, the validation wouldnt look for them.

thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back