Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ColdFusion/ODBC/Mas90 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrytnt

MIS
Dec 9, 2002
US
Does anyone have any practical experience using the MAS90 Providex OBBC driver with Macromedia ColdFusion in an intranet invironment? I have had excellent results running make table querys to any Mas90 Tables into Access 2000 and then once the table exists I can use it for my purposes. But I would really like to work "Real Time" with a link but I cannot get ColdFusion and Providex to become friendly. I really would like some help here and would be willing to share any knowlege I have picked up along the way.

Terry Troxel
909-369-8777 Days
909-673-9696 Evenings

Are you trying to do an asp page???

If so there is a trick to it... if you get me your e-mail I will tell you how we have to do it off of sql..

jms

Jim,

my email is terry@it-werks.com

I tried to find your but was unsuccessful.

Terry

Crash90 -- would you send it to me too? I have been struggling with getting a stable connection to MAS90 for some time through ASP.

drfrank@addedpunch.com

Thanks!

~DrFrank

I'm also embarking on a CFMX / Mas 90 project. Have anyone gottent CF to talk to Mas 90 via ODBC? If so how. Where do I start?

crash90,

I've been trying to access data in MAS 90 through ASP for some time, but I haven't had too much luck. Would you please show me how you get around the problem? My e-mail is linpn@hotmail.com.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Po

I also have been trying to successfully do this. Like the first post said, it works great in access, but it doesn't work with live data through the webpage. Thanks

Crash90 Could you help me too with the same issue. I managed to get the connection. Now it gives me the following error when I run a simple select statement like "SELECT CustomerNumber from SO1_SOEntryHeader":

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)
[ProvideX][ODBC Driver][FILEIO]Table is not accessible
/mas90/findcust.asp, line 12
(Line 12 is the above select query executed)

I have given up on the "LIVE" data concept and went to plan 2.
1..I created links in my Access database to the mas90 ODBC databases.
2..I created MAKETABLE queries to create the necessary copies of those tables.
3..I then created a macro that deletes the existing tables, runs the maketable queries
and exits access.
4..I wrote a simple batch file that runs the macro in Access from the command line and when it is done with that it loads Access again and compacts the database to remove all the garbage.
5..I then set the task manager to do this as often as I need it for my purposes.

This has been working flawlessly for over two weeks now.
Ohh...I also copy the database with another batch file, run another macro which deletes the links in the new copy, deletes a table I do not need on the website, and then uses the DOS FTP commands to upload the database to the website. This to is done with the task manager on a schedule.

I realize this scenario will not work for every instance, but it sure helped me. Holler if you need more...

terry@c-thru.com

Wow! Sweet! Here is my plan B. I plan to start coding this week.

1. Create a SQL Mirror of the required MAS 90 tables
2. Pump the customer and invoice/item data from the client app to the Mirror
3. w/ VI ODBC Jobs, get the data from the mirror to MAS 90 (twice a day)
4. w/ VI ODBC Jobs, update the Mirror account status (four times a day)
5. w/ CFMX CFCs, get & set records in the mirror from the client app.

Hopefully this, I can get many client apps to talk to the MAS 90 Mirror.

Too bad the boss didn't spring for the SQL version of MAS right. ugh!

Terry, you could save me a ton of time if I could have one of your Access Data Models to convert to SQL.

Hi

I get the same error -
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)
[ProvideX][ODBC Driver][FILEIO]Table is not accessible.

Help :-(

I see numerous folks who have tried to connect to MAS90 via ASP, and that most (all?) of them have failed. I have tried all of the remedies listed here, to no avail.

If you have a solution to this problem, could you please pass it along? Crash90, Banotech and others imply that they may have created workarounds. If so, I would be most interested in learning what you've done.

Thanks for your help.

Bill H.

Hi All,

As you have seen from a previous post on this thread, I have been STRUGGLING with the same issue for a long time. Here's Good News. I finally got the ASP Connection I wanted through ODBC. BUT BEFORE WE GO ANY FURTHER I WOULD LIKE TO WARN YOU ALL.

Firstly this is not the best way to access certain data live, especially the detail files if they are huge since the ODBC engine seems to be scanning through the records sequentially.

Secondly You may have to open up file shares to the MAS90/200 Folder on your server where your ASP is. Now since I am doing this in a closed (Secured) intranet environment, it works fine for me, but it may create security issues which you[poke] need to take care of.

Thirdly don't expect much help from the MAS200 support or look for documentation, there is practically none. In fact I had a tough time even getting a decent reply when it came to ODBC. Not that Sage/BEST/MAS90 support is impolite or non-cooperative, its just this area (ODBC) which tends to bring out the [alien]Mr.Hyde[alien] in them.

Here's what we did to get this thing on the road:
Now what we did was download the PROVIDEX ODBC DRIVER from the providex website. MAS90 providex driver is no use. I think they have hacked it so that we cannot access the odbc thru asp.[tongue] Providex is the generic driver which should work on any providex database (including Mas200). When you create a DSN on the IIS server, make sure to use the Providex ODBC instead of the MAS90 32 Bit ODBC and point it to the Network share which should be made available as a mapped drive (say M:\) on the IIS server.

Then the rest of the settings are no problems.
Try that and see if it works. But keep in mind the side effects.

Good Luck [thumbsup2]
Kush.

Just a quick note to all those who keep getting the error message ....

[ProvideX][ODBC Driver][FILEIO]Table is not accessible

...I was getting this for the longest time after I transitioned over to Windows 2000 - things were working fine on a windows 98 machine, but that's becasue windows 98 doesn't have the same security (profiles, run-as,etc...)measures like Windows 2000/XP.

What I had did to remedy this was alter the permissions that the server was running under. Remember, if you're working on a LAN, you probably had to login using a username/password, which is probably different than the username/password that you use to connect to mas90, which is probably different than the profile that your server runs under.

On windows 2000/XP, try altering the profile that your server service runs under... MyComputer->Manage ... select the service .... Properties->LogOn... and change the "Log on as" from 'Local System Account' to 'This Account' and specify the info that you use to login to MAS90. Hope this helps!

"[ProvideX][ODBC Driver][FILEIO]Table is not accessible"

I was receiving this message for so long then I found a solution that works fine for me under ASP using ODBC connection...
1.Download ODBC driver version 3.30
2. Make a system DSN by choosing ProvideX 32-Bit ODBC Driver. Enter a default User, Company & password.
3.Now go to Directory Security in IIS. Remove check under Anonymous access (the most important step).
4. Now you should be able to print the live information on Web under "LOCALHOST"...I m now looking for everyone's access. If anybody has some suggestions please let me know.
Thanks

The Method I mentioned should work fine for intranet. 1 more thing I forgot to tell is to use BASIC AUTHENTICATION method as it shouldnt work with NT Challenge Response Method.
Thats it...

Is this all still working for all of you?? I have struggled with the same problems for quite some time and I am about to work on your solutions!! Can anyone tell me if you have found another solution?

For all those who were dieing to get live data from MAS200. There may be hope.

Well since the last time I posted my version of the solution to this issue, a lot has been changing at my workplace. Here is a new breakthrough in this issue of live MAS200 data.

We are currently in the process of purchasing a new add on software to MAS200 which can synchronize data between MAS200 & a database (Ex: MS-SQL). It is kind of round about way of doing it but it gets you live data in and out of MAS200 so it is good. The software in its current form can be used to synch only sales order and related files. However for an additional charge the vendor has promised to develop synching for other files as well.

The demo we saw showed us live data going back and forth MAS200 server and another database server sitting in 2 seperate States across the country. And yet it was instantaneous.

For those who are interested in this product please contact me at kush@kushagra.com.

[thumbsup2]

hi all. please send me the solution. thanks in advance.

dkhang@gmail.com

you guys are great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back