Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Coldfusion and SQl Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

daNewfie

Programmer
Oct 14, 2004
CA
My site is being hacked...Someone keeps deleting tables from my sql server...is there anyway to prevent this...

My friend is hosting the site at his company so its not being professionally hosted...just looking for ideas..

Craig

Wich means that sql-server is not the problem but your coldfusion code is!!!

Christiaan Baes
Belgium

If you want to get an answer read this FAQ faq796-2540
There's no such thing as a winnable war - Sting

I thinks so....I had debuggin turned on which would throw the table name, etc if an error was thrown....I will fic it tonyte when i get home from work

I put some good articles about ColdFusion and SQL Injections in your other thread about this a week ago in the CF Forums. thread232-976082

Hope This Helps!

Ecobb
Beer Consumption Analyst

"My work is a game, a very serious game." - M.C. Escher

I've used Coldfusion before and read that the links in your webpages feed information to the DB so the thing to do is to hide these links, or start developing in remote flash. Which hides the details of the links.

I found out that a guy in italy was accessing my database...he was creating up to 5 connections...

measures have been incoprorated to stop him...this has been a learning process I'll tell ya...

Thanks for all the feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back