Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cold Fusion to PDF Print Pagination Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoshismokey

Programmer
Sep 17, 2005
US
Hi,
I've developed a product ordering Cold Fusion site that displays the results of a SQL Query to an Oracle database. The results are summarized in tabular format on a CF page under 6 columns heads with anywhere from 1 to 200 records. Using "cfdocument" we are outputting nice looking PDF files, but on these PDF files some record row data is being cut off at the bottom or top of the pages. A possible issue is the number of text lines in the product description fieldthat varies from 1 to 4 based on the length of the description, making page breaks based on number of records difficult.

Can anyone provide a code example of how we might do "basic" page breaks using "cfdocument"? Can you think of a solution to this particular problem using "cfdocument"?

Would "cfreports" via Cold Fusion Report Builder or Crystal Reports provide a solution is this specific case?

Thanks in advance!

You don't say in your post if you are using the <TH> tag for the definition of the table headers.
PDF parser uses <TH> to know that there is some things to do with the tables in order to keep the correct pagination with few information about the length of the content.
Try using <TH> with scope "column".

Hopes this helps

Guba

Using th helps a lot, as does using css rules like page-break-after, page-break-before, page-break-inside.

I have it set to not pagebreak in a td, tr, th and I get fairly nice looking tables from queries. I find that I do get odd results if I increase the columns past the right edge of the page, but that is a result of just too much information.

[plug=shameless]
[/plug]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back