Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cogs $ missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwwedward

IS-IT--Management
Oct 26, 2003
US
7.6.200 sql I am looking at one invoice that posted sales information, however, no cogs appear in the g/l. A quick batch report from oe files indicates this could be happening several times. COGS seems to be missing some data? Has anyone seen this before?

Are you posting inventory transactions from subledger? If not no COGS entries will post. If you are posting from subledger, look at the COGS records in the IMDISFIL_SQL table. Find out if these records exist and contain the expected data.

If the answer is yes, we can probably solve this with a little data manipulation and reinterfacing.

If the answer is no, check your OE Setup, there is a flag called "Cost to use when posting" and another one called "Post cost of goods sold". If either of these flags are improperly set, it can cause no COGS entries to occur at all.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

Okay I figured it out.. might need advice on method to prevent and I do not think I can use actual cost. We use line item cost. Item numbers are created with zero cost. We let the po and receipt populate the cost. However, the oe department places these items on orders prior to receipt... creating a line item cost of zero.

If you use Actual Cost instead of Line in the OE Setup, this situation would be prevented. This flag only determines when to capture an item's cost.

The inventory cost method in the I/M Setup determines whether to use Avg, Last, or Std.

If you still think that you can't use Actual, the item's cost would need to be updated prior to adding the item to an OE order line.

I think the concern is the margins are small, the cost change rapidly and long lead times.. lend itself to wanting to use line item cost...vs actual..

Yo Eddie,

Last cost will ensure that a cost is present. Receivers calculate donated cost of item when po is created. All other types should be the actual cost.

Chris

Hi chris,

The issue was with new items and being keyed on an order before any product was ever received.. the cost was zero since they were new, of course, the sales guys liked the margins that they got on those orders.. our auditors our here yippeee you ready to start our consulting company..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back