Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

COGNOS version 7 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Is anybody using COGNOS 7, specifically IWR?

Any pros/cons?
Thanks

I'm the President of the Kansas City Cognos User Group and know that GE, BC/BS and OPPD of Omaha Nebraska are using the beta of Series 7. I think that OPPD and GE will be installing Series 7 in production this month. I'll let you know what I find out.

Stan

I'm migrating a v6.x installation to Series 7.

Series 7 IWR appears to be much improved from v6.

Publishing reports is easier with no need to "Shuttle" reports before publishing.

The online portal is now integrated with Cognos Upfront (same portal PowerPlay uses). Most deployment options are now set through the online portal instead of a seperate Admin tool (including report schedules, output type, burst reports, etc.).

There is now functionality for report versions. Reports on the portal can be set to maintain multiple version (depending on prompt values, user classes, etc.).

If you're familiar with the old IWR (v6 and prior), this is a major improvement. Migration from earlier releases, however, is not easy.

HTH,

Justin

Justin,

Any chance I could talk you into speaking about your migration to Series 7 at our Cognos User Group meeting on June 12th. We will be featuring George Town Universities implementation of Cognos PowerPlay and Impromptu via WebEx and would like hear from someone who has installed Series 7 into produciton.

Stan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back