Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cognos Reportnet on Windows 2003 SP1

Status
Not open for further replies.

andymac3000

IS-IT--Management
Nov 2, 2004
GB
We connect to our reportnet server via Windows 2003 terminal servers running IE6 to run reports.

This has been working fine, until we installed SP1 on windows 2003. Now when we try and export to excel, it pops up the initial window, then it pops away again and just leaves us with the initial report page

Is this a known issue ?

Thanks

Andy

Rightclick my computer, select properties, go to the advanced tab, click the performance settings button, go to the Data Execution Prevention tab and select the option Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only.
Reboot the server and try again.

Stefan

We have already applied that setting but that hasnt made the difference. Also tried adding IE with DEP switched on with no joy

Ive been using the 2003 SP1 adm's and ive had it sort of working by disabling the pop up blocker, but with mixed results, very flaky

Does anyone have anymore suggestions ?

Thanks

Andy

dotn' think this has anything to do with DEP... usually if DEP is enabled, and CRN/c8 are not on the safe list, then the service wont' even start.

i believe the problem here is that when you install sp1, there is a pop up blocker installed.. disable it.. or hold down the conrtol key to allow pop ups. (i say control key, but i'm not certain this is the key for the particular blcoker that is installed with sp1.. you will have to fnid out what key you need to hold down to allow pop ups).

I found out what it was, just needed to add the site to the trusted sites as it appears as an internet site (even in the same subnet). Did this in group policy and can now export to excel

Thanks

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back