Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cognos Products will never be compatible with Oracle 9???????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sagae

MIS
Mar 27, 2003
That is what I was told in a meeting today.

Say it isn't so !!!!!!

Especially Impromptu. Why would that happen? Is it because of Report Net???

What the heck.

Thanks,
Mary

A Project Manager at my company who is part of a team who is trying to determine the magnitude of replacing Cognos at our company with some other tool.

I think he was talking out of his #$@,,,,,,uh I mean "mind". Yeah, talking out of his mind.

Sagae.....pleasse don't give me heart attack..cos we have alot of cognos work...and my company is moving to oracle 9

Thanks,
TuskyNy
IT/Programmer
----------------------------------------
"Everyday, I keep thinking about why I'm thinking too much..." TuskyNy

Cognos products work with Oracle 9. Here is a snippet Cognos from the supported environments web page. This one pertains to Series 7 version 2 (7.1)

Databases
Client Access Family-Express Client V4R5
DB2 7.2 Universal Database
DB2 Connect 7.2
DB2 UDB 7.1
DB2/390 Version 7.1
DB2/400 V4R5
Informix Dynamic Server 9.21 (IDS2000)
Informix RedBrick Decision Server 6.0
Informix XPS 8.3.1
Oracle 9.0.1.1.1 (Oracle 9i)

Next time, before every body gets excited, their web site should be consulted. ;)

flex

Tuskyny,
Sorry about the almost heart attack, I was almost there myself.

Flex,
I did try to check on the Cognos Web site, but I have trouble finding the answers there. I knew someone here would get right to the point.

I think a PM here is pulling the wool over someone's eyes. Must be an agenda somewhere.

Thanks again,
Happy Holidays,
m

We recently migrated from Oracle 8 to 9i and were forced off Cognos series 6 products (as Cognos will not support it connecting to 9i) and had to move up to Cognos 7.0 as I understand it anything version 7.0 and over is supported with Oracle 9i.

Having said that, if you want to manually hack up your CogMod.ini file, series 6 products will work against Oracle 9i (as far as I tested it anyhow). You can refer to Cognos Knowledge base document no. 105549
for details.

We've upgraded to Oracle 9 last week. There were no issues with Cognos Series 7.

Mark Stewart

Consultants Club Corp.

We have had nothing but trouble since we went to Oracle 9.2. I have validated that every Impromptu product upto and including Impromptu 7.1 MR2 intermittently drops data. Sometime data is not displayed, other times the dropped data forces incorrect grouping and totals.

I was told this bug was fixed in 7.0MR2, 7.1MR2,etc but this is not so. We are using Oracle 9.2 client. I have been working with Cognos since October on this. It is now in the hands of Cognos Development.

My advice....test, test, test and don't allow overzealous DBAs force you to go to 9.2 unless you can confirm your data will report correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back