Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cognos Presentation

Status
Not open for further replies.

cogdev

MIS
Nov 30, 2001
US
Hi
We are using Cognos version 7 IWR PPES and Upfront, of course.

I have been asked to do a one hour technical presentation on Cognos. I will probably talk a bit about our hardware/software environment, and what cognos tools is installed where. That will be about 5 minutes. Do you know what else I can talk about in the next 55 minutes :-(?
Anybody ever did this before?
Thanks for any suggestions.

CogDev,
Do you try borrowing some ideas from the Cognos website and fashion it to meet your specific presentation needs...your are promoting their product for them so I don't see any infringement in that....Goodluck...when I did my presentation there was no time limit...but there was alot of questions from the audience and that kept it going for awhile....goodluck

Thanks,
TuskyNy
IT/Programmer
----------------------------------------
"Everyday, I keep thinking about why I'm thinking too much..." TuskyNy

Cogdev,

Talk about the following:
- The Cognos portfolio (many pictures are on their website)
- The development lifecycle (how do I build a cube, what is catalog etc., how do these components interact)
- What tool is used for what kind of analysis/ reporting ??
- Talk about the technical advantages of using a web deployment like zero footprint and stateless sessions
- Show them !! Show how easy it is te create a cube and make it webenabled. Show them how to create powerful reports.
- Give them whitepapers with technical specs which you can donwload from the Cognos website

I think one hour is very short :)

Cheers

Jack

Thanks Guys. Both excellent suggestions. I am currently searching the cognos site, hopefully I can fill the hour. My greatest fear is that it becomes too application focused, 90% of the audience will be people who discuss fermat's last theorem over lunch......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back