Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cognos in health care - interested in brainstorming & trading ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColumbiaDiver

Technical User
Jul 27, 2002
US
Hi All,

I am in the beginning stages of a project that will utilize Cognos 8 and integrate it with a variety of applications that we utilize at a small 100 bed rehabilitation hospital.

The purpose of this post is ping those of you who utilize Cognos in a health care setting and establish brainstorming sessions on setting up/using/modeling Health care applications in Cognos.

Some of the systems we are working to integrate Cognos with include:

a. Quadramed Affinity
b. Quadramed QCPR
c. McKesson / Ansos One Staff
d. BlackBaud Raiser’s Edge
e. Uniform Data System for Medical Rehabilitation UDS
f. Cost Flex Hospital Cost Accounting

I am looking to establish contact with and maybe request a separate sub-group for those who use Cognos in a Health care setting.

Anyone out there who uses Cognos with the any of the above applications and/or who would be interested in brainstorming and trading ideas and solutions for Cognos that deal with the challenges of Cognos in Health Care?

Let me know.

Gordon Owens
Systems Analyst

Good luck!

I've setup and managed a cognos environment in an outpatient clinic setting for many years.

You're going to find it hard to find people using the exact same software that use Cognos (and use the program and cognos in the same way as your own). Ever more you'll find companies that use cognos on their data warehouse's which are independant of their applications.

If your database and architecture is handled very well, I didn't find many items that challenged cognos.

Todd

PS: Does your name mean you dive into the columbia river? I cross over it frequently in WA and OR.

I recently had an ongoing discussion with someone working with Cognos in a healthcare environment. I will send him a PM to look for this post. Perhaps he is interested in your proposal..

Ties Blom

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the late response, but I never not a notification that anyone responsed to this post - weird.

Todd, my handle refers to the fact that one of my favorite dive spots is Columbia Reef in Cozumel Mex, although I don't see myself as getting back there anytime soon as I moved to Hawaii about two years ago so all my diving is pretty much done locally now.

Cheers,

Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back