Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cognos create puser prompt from calculated data items

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnmabe

MIS
Jan 13, 2010
US
Hi,

I am new to Cognos and have a requirement to create several prompts based on calculated data items. I have an inventory management report with
calculate data items: "Days in Inventory Available", "30 Day AVG Demand", "On Hand Inventory". Users need some
flexibility when running the report as follows:

1) Prompt to only display records where "Days in Inventory Avail" > 7 (for example, but users should be able to enter the value here.)
2) AND/OR prompt where "30 Day AVG Demand" > 20
3) and/or prompt where "30 Day AVg Demand" > "On Hand Inventory"

Not sure how to create these when looking at calculated data items. Steps to create this would be appreciated.

Cheers

I am also quite new to Cognos...but I would say: create normal/basic prompts prompt1, prompt2, prompt3, with the labels above, ask for user input...and then inside the report: apply filters to your calculations 'Days in Inventory Avail'>prompt1 (20), etc.

Cheers
Miki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back