Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cognos Bursting With Email??

Status
Not open for further replies.

sconti11

Technical User
Jan 31, 2011
US
I am new to bursting..and my challenge is to burst a report to a list of Relationship Managers, and the report should only show their customers.

So I have the main query which is grouped by the RM and is used as a Section.

I then have a seperate query to hold the RM's email address..which will be used for the bursting.

I tested it out by just using my email, and what it did was send 10 different emails for the 10 RM's to me..

I just want to ensure that when I change the burst options for the recepients to the list of RM's emails...that the RM's will only get one email per RM!

Can someone assist me to make sure that I do this correctly?

Thanks!

I am a reasonably new user and found a better way, for me anyway, to burst. I had to "burst" a single report three ways. If an Entry number started with ABC, the go here . . . DEF, go there, and GHI, go other places. Instead of bursting, I made a parameter for ENTRY STARTS WITH and now I get prompted for that parameter. I then scheduled that report to go out three times, on each schedule, I preset the parameter to a different value . . .

So, at 1:00 am it runs the report for ABC, at 2:00, it runs for DEF, and at 3:00 it runs with GHI . . .

Effectively the same as bursting . . . . .

Hope this helps . ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back