Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cognos Authentication

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bajwa11

IS-IT--Management
Apr 19, 2005
US
We are usign Cognos Impromptu and currently we have users log on to the cognos web interface with a serparte username and password. I was wondering if there was a way to use Active Directory authentication vs LAE file

Any ideas on where to start with ?

[highlight]
M.Bajwa
[/highlight]

In Access Manager, there is the option of using Basic Signon (which I believe you are already using) versus OS Signon. To utilize the Active Directory, you must set your namespace to use either OS Signons only or Both Basic and OS Signons.

Then you will need to set the OS Signon for each user (properties > user signons > OS signons > add).

I believe the OS Signon overrides the Basic signon if both are available.

HTH

Yes it does override basic signon.

I have using this method been able to setup only 3 users each with differing access levels to over 60 users by just adding each user into each relevan OS users box. (hpe that makes sense)

Andy

Could I get a little more detail on this please, as how to set this up !

Ok I tried playing around and changed the settings to use Both instead of Basic Signon.
Now I want to know if I have both Signons enabled would the user still get the username and password screen or would cognos recogize the login and automicatically login the user ? ( that is actually what I want )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back