Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cognos Access Manager API

Status
Not open for further replies.

kprit

Technical User
Sep 29, 2003
US
I desperately need this.

I want to query the Access Manager using its API. Basically I want to get all the user names along with its group name from Access Manager in VB.

Thanks

There is a nice little application that I wrote called Access Reporter that is available from the Cognos Support web site. The application will create a csv file with all users and the user classes that they are a member of.
As an added bonus, it will also run an audit of all newsboxes and newsitems in Upfront by showing you what all the access permissions are.

If you can not locate it on the web site, then let me know.

Using the following code I am able to add an user in the default NameSpace but I am not able to add user in the folder under default namespace.....Pls help

Dim objAuthApp As Object
Dim objAuthDoc As Object
Set objAuthDoc = objAuthApp.Documents.OpenWithBasicSignon("default", "Administrator", strPassword, 0)

Dim objUser As Object
Set objUser = objAuthDoc.UserFolder.Users.Add("xyz")

Thanks..I got the solution...the code is

Dim objUserFolder As Object
Set objUserFolder = objAuthDoc.UserFolder.Folders.Item(3)

Dim ObjUser As Object
Set ObjUser = objUserFolder.Users.Add("xyz")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back