Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cognos 8 installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanir

MIS
Jun 16, 2006
US
Hi:

The content manager database cm is populated. But the Test the db connection in Cognos Configuration, the test fails.

The cm database has all the user tables and data. any idea on what should be changed to start the cognos service ??

thanks in advance.

What database are you using for CM (SQL Server, DB2?)

If fishing was easy it would be called catching

Navigate to ..\Cognos\c8\bin and open Logview.exe then Load ..\Cognos\c8\logs\cogserver.log. This might give you some clues

If fishing was easy it would be called catching

what exactly do you test? there are many test options in cognos configuration.. if you test the top level, then it tests the entire configuration and not just the content store.. if you have not set up the mail server portion yet, then the test will appear to fail.

please post:
the exact error message when the test fails.
what db you are using (and version).
where you got the jdbc driver (if applicable)

Are you able to log into cognos connection? if so, i suspect either the jdbc driver is incorrect or the configuration is being tested from the top level.

Hi MissCognos:

ya, i got that website u mentioned with the dispatcher URI. The images rnt displayed and the links go nowhere. so i guess my cognos installation and tomcat r working properly.

i created those virtual directories and web server extensions to allow cgi. it still doesnt work.

i'm working on installing apache as webserver instead of IIS...hope tat works.

thanks.

? i thought the problem was that you couldn't test the connection to the content store? what does that have to do with the web server?

Absolutely misscognos.

Vanir, Most of the time this is from mis-stating/namings in all the places needed on web and on cog conf and on db. IIS should work fine for you. Verify all db names/places/string def's/ect..

CP [cook]

what version of IIS are you using? if you are using 6, you need to configure the web service extension.. right click web service extensions and create a new one, call it either cgi or isapi (whatever you are using), point it to either cognos.cgi or cognosisapi.dll and allow it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back