Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cognos 8 Automation

Status
Not open for further replies.

mzahraab

Programmer
Jul 10, 2007
CA
Does anyone have a full list on what could be automated in Cognos 8.2 ?

I know the list can be long but any hint is more than welcome :) since I don't have the sdk sample nor Developer User Guide.pdf

Thanks

With SDk you can use the same libraries cognos 8 uses. So in general you can build a new reporting envirnoment if you like. But with the cognos 8 libraries you can also build additional functionallity such as memberships of a user, permissions of a user on all objects in the contentstore.

regards

christenhusz

Hello, you'll learn the hard way that the SDK and the C8 functionality are not 100% the same. The SDK and C8 itself do not use the same libraries. I found this out after working on a Cognos SDK project for 3 years and having 2 Cognos 'performance' consultants come onsite, and by generating 30 Support Calls.

The negatives aside, you can do all of the main high level functionality that the C8 toolset does such as executing reports, batching, user security, automating deployment packages, publishing cubes, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back