Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cognos 8.1 Analysis Studio - Insert Lowest Level of Children

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drepso

Technical User
Jul 22, 2002
AU
Cognos 8
Analysis Studio
Version - 8.1

We have recently upgraded for Cognos Powerplay Series 7 to Cognos 8.

There was an icon which was heavily used amongst our users in powerplay client (on the left hand side of the dimension viewer in reporter mode) which inserted the lowest level of children into the crosstab for a particular dimension.

Is this possible in Cognos 8? I can't seem to find a way. The only option I see is to expand the dimension to the level I want and insert. But I need the lowest level of children for all levels not just one.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

I am also looking for a way to do this. Has anyone come up with a solution?

Jelledaems

I have just found a solution to this.

In Analysis Studio you need to drill down into the dimension through all the layers until you get to the lowest level of children.
Pick any entry, it doesn't matter as long as it is the level that you want to insert all for.

Right click, then from the menu choose Insert Level(levelname), then choose as either rows or columns.

This will insert all (similar to inserting all lowest level of children) as in the powerplay client version 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back