Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cognos 10 Dynamic Labels

Status
Not open for further replies.

cognosdev7

Programmer
Dec 4, 2012
FR
Hello. I am looking for some help regarding Dynamic Labels in Cognos 10.

My report was originally developed in 8.4 and has been migrated to 10 and is working fine. The report is a department statement showing each period amount Jan - Dec. Depending on which period the user selects, they will get either actual numbers or budget numbers.

Today I copied a data item (OctLabel), made the necessary changes, and it does not work correctly.

Here is the example for OctLabel and NovLabel:

If ParamPeriod is 10 then the column label would be "Oct Actual" and the period 11 column label would be "Nov Budget".

I copied one of these fields to create Dec13Label and Dec14Label (we have 14 accounting periods). My result is "Dec13Label" and "Dec14Label" and it should have been "Dec 13 Budget" and "Dec 14 Budget".

Thanks for any help on this!

I figured this out. I had to unlock the column header and add a text item and then change the text item to my "OctLabel" data item value. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back