Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CodeCharge Studio vs Dreamweaver MX Studio

Status
Not open for further replies.

RicoCali

Programmer
Dec 7, 2002
US
Anyone have any experience building database dynamic website with Codecharge Studio and Dreamweaver MX 2004? If so, can someone share their experience and give me some Pros and Cons?

Thank you,
Rico

ive only used DW2004 -- All I can say on that is Yawn WoW -- Ive been using it for some 4 years now and I dont care what anyone says about hand coding everything -- It save a lot of time and can do pretty much anything i have asked it to

stuff DW cannot do i go in and do script myself (php mostly) other than that i think its the best of the WYSIWYG editors

<Signature>
Sometimes the Answer You Are LOOKING for can be FOUND BY SEARCHING THE FAQ'S @&%$*#!!!
</Signature>

second that comment from deecee cept my sites are asp/vbscript/javascript

Cheech

[Peace][Pipe]

&quot;Any CCS guys that want to jump in? &quot;

LOL......wrong place to ask
Macromedia: Dreamweaver MX (UltraDev) Forum
web = DW_stuff

> need more info?
:: don't click HERE ::

Jumping in...

We are discussing DREAMWEAVER and how it compares with other software.
It would be wrong to discuss how CCS compares to Frontpage here though...
but it's not the case...
Simple projects that require a lot of visual design flexibility are better done in DWMX/UD

On the other hand, large projects that require building huge front & back ends I do in CCS or VS and use DW for design touch-ups.

Before I've discovered CCS I was sure that DW UD was the only software I'll ever need for dynamic web site development. I like it very much and use it A LOT.

Now, when using both, my speed increased at least 2 to 2.5 times, I have a very professional looking code (separated from HTML - thanks to CCS) & very professional looking design (- thanks to DWMX)!
Debugging time is close to &quot;0&quot;

Hi Y2,

Thanks for that input. So I guess you are saying that CCS does a better job in seperating content and presentation better than DWMX? But are you still using DWMX to generate dynamic driven data?

Rico

Rico,
as many have noticed, DWMX generates hard to read &quot;spagetti&quot; code mixed with HTML on the same page.
For very simple things like displaying articles based on their ID DW is fine.
For very compicated back-ends with hundreds of pages CCS is much faster and almost &quot;bug free&quot;.
I think that they compliment each other really well - one is a very robust DB solution generator & another is an exellent visual HTML editor w/ability working with DB.

I have looked at CodeCharge Studio, and I currently use StudioMX 2004. I prefer to use Studio MX as a productivity tool.

I find the DW 2004 Layout and tools much improved over last years MX version.

For building up Dynamic Sites it is a valuable tool to using the Application functions and the ability to swap with ease into other languages is extremely helpful, I currently write bits and peices in PHP/MySql ASP and now ASP.NET.

It gets my vote, as there are plenty of opportunities to extend the products using the myriad of extensions both free and commercial that are out there. Worth looking at for the free trial at least!!

On the CSS Front, I hand code any layout specifications over using tables etc. However DWMX 2004 does include a much improved CSS Interface once you have written a CSS Sheet you can amend it very easily through DWMX 2004

Kris,

What about code behind? MX doesn't support the code-behind real well. Is it still a better tool even if CCS supports it better?

Rico

Kris4Fizz,

I'm still using old DWMX.
Does new MX 2004 generates code-behind files for .NET?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back