Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CODEC | Why am I seeing G.729 when I have G.711MU programmed within the Avaya CM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thar27

Technical User
Dec 21, 2016
US
RE: thread690-1766010

Howdy,

While performing traceSM and upon receiving logs from our SBC folks... we've found that our traces are showing G.729 (see attachment) but ALL of our codecs are programmed in the CM to use G.711MU, first. The SBC’s are also programmed for G.711MU.

Is there anywhere else I can check for codec programming?

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=b5cc2a3c-02db-430b-a75d-00d15a9a3864&file=G729.docx
would need to see a full call trace and know how your network regions are setup.

sure, region 1 can use codec set 1 that's 711 first. maybe the sbc is in region 2 and region 1 to 2 uses codec-set 2 of "729 first, then 711" in the connectivity matrix.

If Session manager can't negotiate the call using the first choice it will try the 2nd choice. My money says the SBC is set for G.729 only.

Or your carrier only supports G729

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back