Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Codebase won't work correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtshort

IS-IT--Management
Feb 28, 2001
US
I have an asp page that contains a MSHFlexGrid. I have set the codebase to download the msflxgd.ocx. I tested it on a computer without the mshflxgd.ocx installed on it. The dialog box came up and asked if you would like to install and run the MSHFlexGrid control. I clicked on Yes and it seemed to download it, but it still wouldn't work. I checked the directory and it is right. What am I doing wrong? Rob
Just my $.02.

If this is an office component then it is possible that another (newer or older) copy of this component is already registered on the machine. Also, if this is an office component you are not legally allowed to make it download from your machine without permission from MS and they are very strict about office components. If it is not an office component than I don't have a clue :b

-Tarwn --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

rtshort,

If you have access to the client's computer you can try to register the ocx manually:

1) Copy msflxgd.ocx in WINNT/System32
2) Bring up a command prompt and type the following:

regsrv32.exe msflxgd.ocx

--
Roman

Thanks Tarwn. It is not an office component, but it is a Microsoft component. I know I'll have to pay M$ but that's just life.

Romanichine, I have access to the computers in the office but it will have to work in the field also. I tried to register it on one of the computers in the office and it said it did, but it still won't pull up the web page. I guess I'll have to do a little more homework. Thanks for the reply. Rob
Just my $.02.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back