Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Code Window Opens With No Error??? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr0

Programmer
May 9, 2001
US
Hi All,

I added a new feature to a production application (Access 03). Everything works as expected except, the first time you use it, the code window opens to the "If" staement below. If I hit F5, it runs perfectly. All break points have been cleared yet this continues to happen intermitently.

'Check:User must have selected a case code
If IsNull([txtCaseCode]) Then
MsgBox ("You must choose a case code")
Exit Sub
End If

I encountered this once before with an app used by someone in the IT department. We never did find the cause and it never created other problems. This app is for less sophisticated users so I really need to resolve this issue.

Anyone seen this before or have an idea where to look?

Thanks,

alr

Henry David Thoreau

You may try to Cut'n'Paste the line of code and then compile the DB.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

alr0,

This sometimes happens to me if I save the DB with a breakpoint set. Then, even after removing the breakpoint, it will break until I re-compile and re-save.

Ken S.

Thank you both,

PHVs suggestion did work but this point in the code was way before I had the breakpoint for debugging.

Another piece of very useful information to squirrel away.

Thanks again,

alr

Henry David Thoreau

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back