Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Code migration clarion 6 to clarion 9 TXA issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDavidson01

Programmer
Jul 28, 2015
US
Hey all,

I am learning clarion for my job, and I'm pretty new to it(about 2 months), but I've been given a project to migrate a procedure from an old, customized/branch of an application in clarion 6 to replace the same procedure in the current clarion 9 version. I've never done this kind of project before and haven't been given much guidance, except to use TXA export from clarion 6, make changes to ensure compatibility with the standard dictionary, and import into clarion 9. Unfortunately, the person who coded and maintained these application has also left the company, so he's not available to answer questions.

The problem I'm having is that when I import the procedure, if I open the embeds or properties or the window designer and then close it, the entire procedure is wiped blank. I've been told this is probably an issue of templates between clarion 6 and 9, but even exporting a procedure from clarion 9 and importing back into the same app has the same result.

Has anyone seen any really good, in depth tutorials on code migration between version using TXA files? I'm pretty much looking for a 'for dummies' at this point. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back