Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Code for VIEW SOURCE and SAVE AS to not be displayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBell99

Programmer
May 28, 2001
US
I have noticed that some newer websites have a codes that prevents you from viewing their code and saving thier website, I would really like to have that on my site, can someone please tell what it is and where i put it in my HTML. For an example of what I am talking about, check out and/or and you will see that you can't view their source code and you can't save their web site.

ah sorry guys, i typed that one link wrong, FFOnline won't come up unless you have the www. here is the real link - that should work

erm... ffonline still don't work: is that the final fantasy site?
planet tony hawk you can definitely view the source code.

yeah Planet Tony Hawk just switched everything back and lets you view the source now, the webmaster was actually instructed to by his hosting comapny (GameSpy) but FFOnline is a final fantasy site...it's actuallt the largets one out there, it is coded in PHP and you can't do anything on the site with Saving it or viewing the source code, the guys that work their really know thier HTML becuase they have done some major stuff that no one has ever thought possible with the lanuage, I might have to ask them how they did it, but know how umm....rude they are, they would probaly think I was trying to steal one of their codes and something and try to get my site shut down....they really are like that, they have a good site...but they really need to develop some good personalities. Once again...their site is maybe it will work typed like that...i dunoo what is wrong here

hmm...i think they have a link killer or something, try just typing it into your browser....

I have just been to ffonline and I can "view source" and "save as". Also, I found if you right click and get an alert box saying "No No, you can't view this" then the way around it is to left click and with that still depreesed you then right click. Doesn't work always though. To be honest with you, I thought the ability to view source was a really good way for people to learn, that's how I learnt HTML and I would never want to stop someone else learning in the same way. If you really want to stop people right clicking (one way to save your images from being stolen although there is "Print Screen") you can get hold of loads of scripts from

They have a huge database with thousands of scripts. roda B-)

Learning is like rowing against the current. As soon as you stop, you start going backwards.

if you put spaces into URL's then they wont link :p I dont want to go to Chelsea!!!

If you want to stop people viewing your source you have to catch the mouseclick in JavaScript and process it in a script. However you can always view the source by going to the Temp Internet Folder and opening it from there.

Karl

I have seen many good attempts to hide source or prevent image copying and I havent seen many that cant be beaten. So why bother trying. I dont want to go to Chelsea!!!

We try so we learn and get better, what other reason do you need? funkymonk B-)
rod@sameplanet.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back