Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Code for formatting works under debug mode not normal mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tactical

Technical User
Aug 24, 2003
CA
Is there a speed issue that anyone has run into with vba code that performs as expected when debugging but doesn't when ran normally. For word, I created code to create/format three text columns and manipulate a paragraph's before and after spacing as the document is populated with text. It appears that after sometime trying to debug why I wasn't see the formatting exactly as I expected it seems that when I'm stepping through the code line by line under debug mode it does what I want but when ran normally it doesn't. The only difference that I can think of is the speed with which the code executes under each scenario. Any ideas.

Iris

If you post asking for help, but figured it out yourself, it is nice if you tell us what you did. It may help someone else.

Thanks.

Gerry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back