Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Code Designer

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedMage1967

Programmer
Mar 13, 2003
US
Is anyone out there using the Code Designer that came with the Websphere Developement Tools for iSeries or Development Studio Client for iSeries?

RedMage1967
IBM Certifed - RPG IV Progammer

I'm having a problem with mine. When I code a SKIPB for a record, like (SKIPB(56)). However, when the designer writes out the DDS, it changes the SKIP(56) to SPACEB(25). I'm also having problems with it changing field positions on me. I'll have a field that ends in pos 12, then the next fields begins in pos 14. The original DDS that RLU generated for this was code a +1 on the second field. However, when Designer ran into it, it changed it from +1 to +14. Was just wondering if you were having the same problem.

RedMage1967
IBM Certifed - RPG IV Progammer

A good forum for Code/400 issues is IBM's Usenet forum:

news://news.software.ibm.com/ibm.software.code400

Some of the Code/400 developers at the IBM Toronto lab monitor that forum, and they amy be able to help. The DDS problem sounds like a bug to me.

We are staring to use Code/400 here - initially with 2 developers (unfortunately, not me, yet). We're trying to work out the kinks getting it to run with Softlanding's Turnover.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your eyes turned skyward, for here you have been, and there you will always long to return."

--Leonardo da Vinci

WP,

It comes with the CDs for OS/400. It also depends on what version of OS/400 you are on. It is now (V5R2 at least) called WSDs (Web Sphere Designer Studio I think).

Unfortunately, we don't use it. Our PCs would need to be upgraded and we have bigger problems (or so I'm told).

If you are on a OS/400 version above something like V4R5 or so then your techy guys should have it.

But I'm rambling again... ;-)

HTH,
MdnghtPgmr

We are on V5R3.

In huge org and the techies are in a different country - very busy apparently. Too busy to worry themselves with a developer problem :)

I just wondered if the software was available fro download ... I have searched but not been able to find it.

W.

WP

It is not available to download, to my knowledge. It ships free with operating system, on a seperate set of CD's.

That's right. We did get a copy with the latest OS as well. Current version is 5.1.2. They are saying that later this year a new version will come out based on the 3.0 version of eclipse.

iSeriesCodePoet
iSeries Programmer/Lawson Software Administrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back