Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Code bookmarks 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sacsac

Programmer
Dec 10, 2000
GB
I'm sure that I'm missing something really obvious here, but I can't see how to put a bookmark in my code in VB2008/VB2010. In VB6 it was easy, but I just can't see how to do it in .NET

I'm using VS2008. I can use the key combo CTRL-K, CTRL-K (that's CTRL-K twice). Or, I can click the edit menu, then bookmarks, then toogle bookmark. Or, I can click on the bluish little rectangle in the top menu bar.

You're welcome.

Another nifty thing (not sure if it's in VB 6) is the task list. You can add tasks that you need to complete. You can also use it to find certain types of comments such as

Code:
'TODO: Complete this section of code'

The task list has a drop down to select comments or user tasks.

You can view the task list by clicking view then task list. It's key combo is too goofy to remember.

You can clear all the bookmarks like this:

Bring up thje Bookmarks windows (use CTL + K CTL + W as a shortcut). You can then select all the bookmarks (or any selection) and delete on block, or alternatively just de-select them on a temporary basis.

Hope this is what you need

Like a lot of things in .NET - it's more clumsy than good old VB6 !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back