Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Code behind a button to allow payment to Paypal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan - Gendev

Programmer
Jan 9, 2011
AU
I have decided to allow genealogists using TMG to download my app free of charge. However, some have suggested they would like to make a donation.
I have a Paypal account and am considering putting a 'Make a Donation' button in my 'Help' form. I have seen this on other apps.
Anyone help me with the necessary code behind the button. click event?

GenDev

This is really a PayPal issue, not a FoxPro question. It is up to you to get a link from PayPal that visitors can click on from within a web page. Once you have that, you can ShellExecute() to it from VFP.

Mike

Visual FoxPro articles, tips and downloads

I just found this information on the PayPal site:

It tells how to create a Donate button for a web page. If you have a website that is accessible to your customers, you can put that button on the page, then ShellExecute() to the page from your VFP app.

If you don't have a suitable site, create an HTML page on your local system - you don't need to upload it to a server. Place the PayPal button to it, then examine the underlying code. That should give you a clue as to the target of the ShellExecute().

Mike

Visual FoxPro articles, tips and downloads

Thanks Mike,

I'll have to consider changing to a Business Account then.
Or leave it to the individual to login to their account and make a transfer to mine.

GenDev

Hi Mike,

It turns out one can do it for a personal account also - so I've gone down that path. Just can't send $ to myself as a test.

Thanks
GenDev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back