Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cobolscript 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigMag

IS-IT--Management
Jul 10, 2001
NL
found something (again)

Take a look at
GETENV??
ACCEPT DATA FROM WEB PAGE??
DISPLAY `<br><b>Unknown depreciation method.</b><br><br>`??

There must be someone who's interested. (It's time for a vacation!)

M.
BigMag, The Netherlands.
someone@euronet.nl (no kidding!)

Looks ok to me!

I need to tell this funny COBOL story which a fellow co-worker passed on to me.

Here it goes:

A successful Cobol programmer who had the good fortune to be quite wealthy chose to be cryogenically frozen before the year 2000 and left instructions to be awakened in the year 2020. He knew the technology to revive him did not exist now but he could skip all the Y2K problems and surely by 2020 they would have the scientific knowledge to bring him back. When he wakes up after being unthawed he is very stiff and sore and he is in a beautiful futuristic building with people milling all around him. They inform him that the President of Earth's United Federation wants to talk to him by Satellite. Sure enough an amazing 3D Holographic video of the President appears and congratulations him on being successfully UN-thawed on this fine day of 09/09/9999 and says we noticed that you have COBOL on your Resume.

Enjoy, Nina Too

BigMag,

how on earth did you stumble onto that one?!! Great stuff, though; since i'm a COBOL programmer, interested in web design, this most be the perfect combination of area's of interest. Seems to work like a charm; have you noticed their entire site uses it?

Regards,
Ronald.

Yes, I did notice that the site worked perfectly. Cool! :)

Nina Too

Thanks, Big Mag, I've been looking for that site for quite a while!

Stephen J Spiro
ANSI COBOL Standards Committee

Cobolscript

Does anyone know how execute a cobolscript program and have it simple display in a browser without having the program reside on a web server in the cgi-bin directory? Can you simple run it on a simple workstation within a browser. Thanks.

Hi,
please inform me also,
if u get know this

Don't know about cobolscript but it can be done in COBOL just by generating the HTML and then calling the browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back