Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

COBOL Weblers 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

CliveC

Programmer
Nov 21, 2001
US
I thought this thread might be of interest in this forum.

thread216-668888

Clive

Thanks, Clive. That thread just solved a little annoying printing problem we have been having.

Dimandja

I have no use for this, but I like it - another star on the way.

Great!

I send this thread to a friend and his reaction was that this solution was not his first choice. He suggests a much more relaxed solution using RUBY. I asked him to put his idea here and get all credits for it but he said I should do that for him. So this is Erik Veenstra's solution:

RUBY script:

-->
Code:
require "win32ole"

ie = WIN32OLE.new("InternetExplorer.Application")

ARGV.each do |file|
  ie.navigate(file)

sleep 3

ie.execWB(6, 2)       # OLECMDID_PRINT, OLECMDEXECOPT_DONTPROMPTUSER

sleep 3
end
<--

$ ruby ieprint.rb test.html

Another star, CliveC

Good info!

Those GNU guys, do they have a good COBOL compiler and if, where can you download it?

Hi, what are your experiences with this compiler? Is it your favorite? If not, what differences are there? Thanks!

I have not used any of the open source COBOL compilers.

The GNU COBOL project is still under development according to this link:
You can download the current evaluation version at:
The stated purpose of this project:

&quot;COBOL for GCC is a project to create a COBOL 85 compliant compiler for GNU/Linux and other operating systems, using the GCC (GNU Compiler Collection) code generation framework.&quot;

The current project status includes:

&quot;Implementation of a miniscule subset of COBOL, consisting of working storage with non-numeric literals, and all of the COBOL 2002 integral data types (binary-char binary-short binary-long and also binary-long-long) and structures (incomplete), redefines, occurs, pointers and parts of the set verb and the display and stop run verbs in the procedure division.&quot;

Dimandja

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back