Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cobol Form Design and Printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

carins

Programmer
Jul 7, 2010
US
I am looking for a quicker way to design and print forms. I have been using an old program to create a pcl file (lines, boxes, etc) and then merge data to it - although it works well, I am looking for something quicker and cleaner, even a way to create PDF files. Currently using MF Liant Cobol.

Have never used cobol for designing and printing forms. I used a product called SQR (still used by peoplesoft) to create and print forms using embedded PCL language commands for high graphics. I used this product to print checks (micr), signatures, logos, forms for open enrollment and many more. One thing I liked about this product is it's ability to open different databases such as db2, oracle, sybase at the same time while performing complex SQL programming. It is also highly portable between servers and windows environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back