Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

COBOL - AIX - File status 35

Status
Not open for further replies.

pthboss

IS-IT--Management
Jan 15, 2003
US
We are in the process of coverting our mainframe cobol programs to run under a AIX environment. I am having trouble opening a file. I am getting a file status 35.

The Select statement is coded as follows:

SELECT CONTROL-FILE-IN
ASSIGN TO SYS014
ORGANIZATION IS SEQUENTIAL
ACCESS IS SEQUENTIAL
STATUS IS CONTROL-IN-STATUS.

The script that calls the program is coded like this:

SYS014=/proddev/cobol/ctl/J6CDM210.ctl
export SYS014

cdm210

where cdm210 is the cobol program name.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

IBM COBOL?
Micro Focus COBOL?
AcuCOBOL?
RM/COBOL? Tom Morrison

Tom and Dimandja:

Thank you both for responding.

Tom: We are using IBM COBOL on a RS6000 UNIX box.

Dimandja: Yes I am sure of the location of the data file. I have checked a number of other forums and groups and the file status 35 seems to be a very common problem.

Hi

On Fujitsu ond MF Cobol 3.3 Status 35 is file is not present. 3 says permanent error, 5 file not found. Is your path correct ??

This are standard definition on MF and Fujitsu.

Goetz Huber

Hi pthboss,

I think this problem was solved in this thread thread209-340128.

Dimandja

Problem Solved.

I changed the organization sequential statement in the select to organization is line sequential and it worked like a champ.

Thanks to all of you who responded.

Does anybody have idea why it was giving file status 35 when the file was present but there was a mismatch in the organization.

Devesh

Yes. Truusvlugindewind explains it in the afore mentioned thread link (Thread209-340128).

It's an AIX thing.

Dimandja

maybe for Linux you have to be signed on differently. In Linux sometimes only the owner can see the file. If you do not like my post feel free to point out your opinion or my errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back