Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Coax Patch Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvayaNovice

Vendor
Apr 6, 2003
US
I'm looking for a single rack space, or double rack space coax patch panel. Basically... metal panel with holes drilled out and barrels in the holes.. nothing more complicated than that.

Any manufacturers? I can't seem to find any anywhere.

The 32 port Ortronics panel mentioned above sells for around $110 to $120.

The 1RU 16 port unit (FP16-FCO-L) loaded with "F" barrels is under $19. Sometimes it pays to shop your components.

To add an image, you must first post the image somewhere on the internet that is accessible. Then you insert a tag in your text as shown below instructing the browser to go get that image and insert it in the text. I recommend Previewing your post when doing this, I had images that were WAY too large to fit on there and had to resize them several times to get them in the frame.

To include an image in your post:
happy.gif

You would put the above text in where you want the image to appear, assuming you have a website named and a directory named images AND an image called happy.gif.

Hope that helps!

It is only my opinion, based on my experience and education...I am always willing to learn, educate me!
Daron J. Wilson, RCDD
daron.wilson@lhmorris.com

Hard to beat that price. For sheet metal components-blanks and pass thrus, etc. I may have found a new vendor. Gruber priced a 32 port "F" panel, loaded at less than $35.00.

oops. That image tag in my previous post was interpreted properly, but was only an example:

To include an image in your post:
img
the above should be inside of the brackets like other tags here in TGML. Click on the Process TGML link at the bottom of the editing window for more info.

It is only my opinion, based on my experience and education...I am always willing to learn, educate me!
Daron J. Wilson, RCDD
daron.wilson@lhmorris.com

Thanks for the price quotes. Yes, it would be outrageous for me to drill my own panel, but I was just saying that the cost seems to be very high.

Avaya, it didn't seem outrageous to me. I just offered a an opinion on the value of your time, which I'm sure you don't need reminding. I have and will do things you are doing now when trying to sell a new concept/methodology (a culture change) to my staff/clients/customers. It means a little more (sometimes alot more) time up front but will create more opportunities later. Seems you are focused on providing a service and that is great.

Hehe, I didn't mean to be rude if I was. I just try to keep costs down when I can over something like that. I've just had several run ins where I didn't shop around and ended up paying far too much, which makes me look bad...

Thanks JBeav.

>>Hehe, I didn't mean to be rude if I was<<

Nope. Not at all.

J

Middle Atlantic has custom panel modules which may do the trick for you.

I believe it is their FK series; smallest RU is 2 however, and modules are sold seperately.

Hailstone
TCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back