Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Coax Patch Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvayaNovice

Vendor
Apr 6, 2003
US
I'm looking for a single rack space, or double rack space coax patch panel. Basically... metal panel with holes drilled out and barrels in the holes.. nothing more complicated than that.

Any manufacturers? I can't seem to find any anywhere.

What about the Leviton patch panels that you snap the jacks into. They are 2RU I think. It may be more than you want, since you also have to get the QuickPort coax jacks.

jeff moss

You can go to most music stores and get blank panel plates. We use them regularly for filling holes.

MFurrer@charter.net

Maybe I should have indicated that in my original post: I'm trying to avoid using a blank insert panel, as the low density (only 16 ports per rack space) is somewhat prohibitive. I could purchase a 1RU blank panel and proceed to drill out 24 holes... but I would think someone would have this premade. I know we have them in several headends...

How about 24, 32 or 48 ports per rack unit?

ncppgroupwb.jpg

Ncmfbas.jpg

You might try I didn't spot one real quick on the website but I think they have them and you may have to call. They used to have those panels, very simple, with twinax fittings or whatever you wanted. I'm sure a 1RU with 24 barrels will be much cheaper than a modular keystone type of solution.

Also, perhaps Newark electronics ( would have one, they have a great catalog to keep on ones shelf for hard to find parts.

Good Luck!

It is only my opinion, based on my experience and education...I am always willing to learn, educate me!
Daron J. Wilson, RCDD
daron.wilson@lhmorris.com

Ah my friends at Gruber came through for you, excellent. They are great with metal products!

It is only my opinion, based on my experience and education...I am always willing to learn, educate me!
Daron J. Wilson, RCDD
daron.wilson@lhmorris.com

Indeed, good deal. I'll post photos when I'm finished. It's proving to be a bear to fish these new outlets.

A little late, but Ortronics makes a 2U, 32 port "F" connector panel.

I use the Leviton QuickPort products. Look a lot like the Panduit pictures above. (how could it look any differant?)They work well.
A 24 port panel is part number 49255-H24. The F connectors are 41084-xxx where xxx is the color.

Richard

Too expensive, and it uses inserts. I can't justify the expense.

The 32 port Ortronics panel mentioned above sells for around $110 to $120.

That's pretty pricey too. I almost feel like making one myself with a drill press. A bag of 100 barrels costs me about 15 bucks, and a blank panel is no more than 15...

It's up to you of course but your time is worth something. $30 (+/-) in materal plus, laying out the hole pattern, drilling, inserting the barrels, tightening the nuts = what, a couple hours. You may pay the same after you've factored in your labor.

BTW, I have yet to figure out how to post pics with a reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back