Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Co-Trk lines get disconnected unexpectedly

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRitgvc

MIS
Dec 2, 2001
US
Here's the problem I have:
Our receptionist receives calls from CO-TRK lines, let's say she has several call-appr active and SOMETIMES when she would try to transfer one of them to an extension it might happen that all the leds go off on the phone (6416) and the calls get connected to each other or they just get disconnected.

In her words: "The phone just went off and then back on...and all the calls got disconnected"

Any idea?

Change out the set first and see if it continues.

Next change the port.

Third, add a local power supply to the set and see if problem clears.

Hopefully you do not have to get to option three.

What release switch is it?

R7 or R8 perhaps?

Netcon1

I already changed the set, the port (PBX) and the port (wall) where the phone connects.

I'm going to find another port (wall) but what kind of device can provide me the local power supply?

And this is a G3si V8

Thanks.

Latest version of 8 is G3V8.04.1.046.6

That is the latest fix release of R8. There was a QPPCN for earlier releases of 7 and 8 that were under this fix.

I have had other systems with this issue in the past and could never find the problem as it moved throughout the switch.

I do recall though that they were on release 8 or earlier.

Check with your Avaya rep to see if the QPPCN is still active and available for you to upgrade to if the problem persists.

QPPCN 1257B

Netcon1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back