Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CO Supervision?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawks

IS-IT--Management
Oct 9, 2002
US
Using the Internal FXO ports on a 50e is there a timer or a way to trun on supervision? Right now when the Far End hangs up it takes the UCX about 30 seconds before it drops the call.

Disconnect supervision applies only to analog trunks - it has nothing to do with SIP.

The question is why the card needs so much time (30 seconds) to detect the tone. It could be caused be low volume on the trunks. I would try increasing the RX gain to 3 or 6 dB in chan_dahdi.conf.

The question is (is there a timer or a way to trun on supervision?)I mentioned that I have the same issue with sip calls. I also stated that there is no setting in the ucx50 to turn on supervision which is what the question is referencing too!!

Voice Connect Plus, Inc.
have a great day and a better tomorrow

I would try increasing the RX gain to 3 or 6 dB in chan_dahdi.conf. Has absolutely nothing to do with line supervision. It will have an effect on the acoustic or echo levels of that channel....

Voice Connect Plus, Inc.

I'll try adjusting the gain in the file when I get the chance thanks.

atdjr, can you run a trace on the call and see if your UCx is receiving a BYE message when they hang up?

I thought hawks was talking about analog trunks.

To start with, I should have asked what type of trunks are used at that site. A matching signaling type (fxs_ls, fxs_gs or fxs_ks for loop start, ground start and kewl start) must be set in the file chan_dahdi.conf in the channels section. Disconnect supervision is then enabled automatically based on the type.

If the CO generates a disconnect tone, then and only then the change of the RX gain could play a role.

I'm, not recommending you do that but I guess you could always adjust it back.This what I get when caller disconnects Executing [s@macro-hangupcall:52] Hangup("SIP/148336-000000f3", "") in new stack my problem appears to be intermittent.. Right now i get the disconnect...

Voice Connect Plus, Inc.

ucxguy I do have analog, I looked on another system and I see where inside that file it does make suggestions if there is a disconnect problem. When I can get back to the unit with the issue I'll make the changes and let you know what happens.

Hey Hawks, I came across this in the configuration file editor-page 2 - channel_dahdi.conf
;Uncomment these lines if you have problems with the disconnection of your analog lines
;busydetect=yes
;busycount=3

Voice Connect Plus, Inc.

Hey Hawks, let me know how that works out for you because I might have in install using 4 POTS lines. It'd be good to know if this would resolve any disconnect issues. Thanks

Voice Connect Plus, Inc.

I just an issue with a 4-port FXO card today and it turns out that there is an issue with a possible driver conflict problem on these cards. Problem originates at the manufacturer of the card. There is a small file that emotro had to install that corrected the problem right away.

Look for an update in the next day or two to permanently fix the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back