Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CO lines and VoicemailPro

Status
Not open for further replies.

pieta

Technical User
Nov 29, 2002
EU
Hi,
I got IP Office 403 with IP Analog Trunk module.
There are 7 loop-start lines connected to Analog Trunk ports.
Incoming calls via these lines are directed to AutoAttendant made on VoiceMailPro.
The problem is that quite often caller has to wait something like 4-5 rings before he hears Auto Attendant announcement.
Anyone knows how to make it faster?

1) turn of CLI on the analog truncks unles necessary
2) make sure the destination in the incomming call route is VM:<module name> & rings to a module
3) increase the number of VM ports, if you only have a 4 port VM additional calls will que untill the VM is available.

Thank you IPGuru, but:
Ad. 1 CLI is off
Ad. 2 I set incoming destination to VM:AutoAttendant (this is module name), but situation haven't changed.
Ad. 3 Problem appears when I got single incomming call, and I don't see calls queud nor serviced by Voicemail.
Maybe you got some other hints?

Not. It is set to 'Loop start' (without CLI).

Pieta,

Your third point, you say "Problem appears when I got single incomming call", implying it affects the first call but not subsquent following calls - is that the case?

If so I would suspect some power management settings on the server PC are coming into play. Check that the hard disk is not being powered down after a period of inactivity.

I meant 'Problem appears even when I got single icomming call'. I made 5-6 calls in a row and some of them were answered after 2 rings and some after 6-7. I was calling same line a few times in a row and I was calling diffrent lines.
Problem seems to to appear randomly, but quite often.
Power management features are off (no hard disk power down etc.).

Are you using Centrex lines that hunt? We had a similar problem with one of our Centrex lines. Turned out calls went out fine but for inbound calls the line was generating a very low ring voltage preventing any ringing on that line and the IP office never saw it.

I found out what was the problem.
CO lines got active function 'distinctive ringing', so for outside calls it generated 2 short rings instead of one longer. I had to change 'Ring Persistency' to shorter one.
And now it works :))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back