Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Co line not hunting to voice mail when busy

Status
Not open for further replies.

camaro67

Technical User
Mar 3, 2005
US
Hello I'm new to IP Office and the issue I have is this, I'm in a tenant environment with each tenant responsible for there own CO lines (loop start pots) and the question i get asked alot is why can't my calls go to voice mail when I'm on the phone. Is there a way to send these calls to the IP Office voice mail??? ...my original thought is no since these are all POTS lines but thought i would ask the question.

I am assuming you have essential edition. Under Users/forwarding tab select "Forward on busy" and choose *17 as the destination number. If it were me I would make a button for it so the user can choose when to turn it on or off.

Perhaps yu mean you want calls to go to a dedicated VM box when all lines are busy? Place your lines into seperate line groups. Create ICRs to point those groups to the hunt proper groups. Add users to each group. Enable voicemail for each hunt group and set the forwarding to VM. Then create a shortcode to collect VM and enter the extension number of the hunt group to access the VMs. This is typically called a general mailbox in other systems.

Thank you pmcook one question.... will that work for the CO line or just the internal 4 digit ext? They answer the CO line ? they don't use 4 digit internal dialing

Both if you select forward internal calls.

(loop start pots)
why can't my calls go to voice mail when I'm on the phone.

I'm sure they mean, if all of that tenant's analog loop start lines are in use, why can't IP Office voicemail answer. Because there aren't any more analog loop start lines in their hunt group (provided by the telephone company). They need to get more lines, and still they may have enough calls in and out going on at once to block an incoming call.

You could add a PRI of your own, with a block of DID numbers, and your tenants can have each of their CO hunt groups call forward on busy to a different DID on your PRI. That would allow you to route to the customer themselves, or to their voicemail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back