Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CO line Identification

Status
Not open for further replies.

sigipa

Programmer
Nov 24, 2002
US
Hi,

Is there a list of numbers available for co line identification? What I mean is that in Austin, TX you can dial 830 and hear an automated response. The response gives you the telephone number of the line your calling from. How can I obtain this magic number for the rest of texas for example?

Thanks in advance,
-S

1073217709889664 <----this magic number works on most local pots lines to give u the line info back on it .

(800) 337-4194 <----works to tell you who the 800 service is with

sometimes depending on your long distance provider I had to add a 10 in front of the 1073217709889664 so it would be like this most times for me

I hope this is what u were lookin for

If I said it, It has to be true.
Mario Mazza

Pace1,

actually that number 1010732 770 988 9664 is an account ID number for ATT. the thing to be careful of is that when you dial that number it returns to you the number you dialed from followed immediately with another number, useually an 8, then a string of digits that is an account number. ATT's &quot;Private Network&quot; uses these as a main account with the telephone number as a sub account.

The reason for the above is to explaine why you want to be careful and don't include the 8 or anythin else received as part of the phone number.

also on some telephne companies this number will only return the main listed number of the hunt group if the number dialed from is part of a hunt group.

JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back