Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CO Line appearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

7canines

Technical User
Jul 5, 2008
US
Ext. 20 has access to line 1 (per #301), but it is not appearing on the phone. Can make the key most any feature, but can't get line 1 to appear on that button. Any suggestions?

Maybe these things might help.....

What kind of phone is currently connected to extension 20? If it was a 34D, but later downsized to an 18 or 6 button, functions will be lost.

If you press "FEATURE 00" from the extension, what shows up on the display? (assuming the phone has one)

If you then check each of the programmable buttons do any of them say "pool"?

If it ain't broke, I haven't fixed it yet.

if you take the line away and put it back in it will use the first available button that is not a line button.
Dexman suggests also with good reason to check if the phone is in pooled mode in #313 if you get a nasty beep when you try #313 then you are not in hybrid mode and don't have to worry about that one.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

I don't suffer from insanity
I enjoy every moment of it :)

When I get lines out of order or not where I think they should be I delete all of them and start over. It could be the system "thinks" its somewhere else - like in the ex above if there were a 34D programmed and an 18D installed and the lines were in an unusual order...you get the general idea.

Thanks for the suggestions! Just picked up this customer so not sure on phone downsizing. Agree that deleting access and reassigning will probably fix it. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back