Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CNN News Ooops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Such stupidity from the media, which certainly should know better and do better, illustrates that a) there are "professionals" in the media that just aren't very careful with their trade, and b) the media are paying "editors" way too much money.

This story reminds me of a ludicrous event several years ago when Brigham Young University (BYU) won the National Championship in football. The idiot commentator said:
Idiot Commentator said:
Finally, LaDell Anderson will get the respect as BYU's football coach that he deserves.
BYU's footbal coach's name was LaVell Edwards...LaDell Anderson was the name of BYU's basketball coach at the time.[banghead]

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[I provide low-cost, remote Database Administration services: www.dasages.com]

You betcha.

That's right up there with Hillary Clinton's calling a radio station during her first Senate campaign, telling of all the wonderful things she'd do for Erie County in Western New York.

The radio station, WLKK, is in Erie, PA.

:p

Phil Hegedusich
Senior Programmer/Analyst
IIMAK
-----------
I'll have the roast duck with the mango salsa.

Hailing from Erie (PA), I'm not sure I see what the issue was... If it weren't for the counties of western New York and eastern Ohio, Erie, PA wouldn't be the inconsequential blip it is today.
It's like being in New Jersey... the major media of New York and Philadelphia dominates. So I think she was in her market from what you've presented.

I guess I think it's alot more like Fox running the Foley story with his name displayed below appended with a D for Democrat instead of an R for Republican one month before the election.

~Thadeus

The issue was that she was campaigning for senator of New York State, not Pennsylvania. And she believed for a major portion of the interview that she was addressing residents of the Buffalo area from a Buffalo radio station.

Hailing from Buffalo, I can see what the issue is. I can't pick up WLKK in Erie County, NY, so I don't see it as a media player in my market.

Phil Hegedusich
Senior Programmer/Analyst
IIMAK
-----------
I'll have the roast duck with the mango salsa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back