Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CNDA on 1104e Telephones

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuzzyCub

MIS
May 12, 2004
US
Hi,

For some reason, the caller ID will not display when a call comes in and rolls over to our second line. Caller ID works fine if we're not already on the telephone but if the first line is busy, we will hear the "buzzer" indicating another call but it will not show up on the display. This only happens with our IP telephones. Our regular M3000 telephones show the caller ID on both lines.

If you are on a call,in order to update your display of a call ringing in while staying on your call change the CLS from ADD to TDD[TandemDigitDisplay]

Bravo mash613! Changing ADD to TDD in CLS did the trick. Caller ID works perfectly now. Thank you so much for your help!!

Also if you use TDD you need to use DNDD - if you use DNDA it will look like the call is coming from yourself - that is a tip from GHTROUT - he says it overrides something when you use DNDA. Our standard was using DNDA and I was trying to figure out why TDD was causing this name issue so I was glad to find out about DNDD. I changed DNDA to DNDD and it worked like a champ! No more complaints :D

Thanks Tman45! I didn't notice that until I tested it out. After I changed it to DNDD, my name didn't show as the incoming caller. Your tip will save me from future complaints!

Sure thing!! I am not going to take credit for GHTROUTs tip though :D
It definitely saved us from many complaints!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back