Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CMYK versus RGB 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ickivay

Technical User
Mar 31, 2005
US
I'm designing a brochure for the company I work for to be commercially printed. The printer only accepts cmyk images. When I created the brochure all images and type are cmyk but when the printer receives it via email they say they are unable to print due to there being RGB color and low resolution images under 300dpi, which I can't find on my files. Can anyone help?

Are the images linked or embedded? If linked, did you include in what you sent to printer? Also, make sure the color mode is set to CMYK (File > Document Color Mode) and to double check select one of the used swatches and see how displays values with CMYK or RGB. If RGB, select everything and go Filter > Colors > Convert to CMYK.

That's all I've got.

Donna

Hi Chad,
Sorry i didn't get back to you sooner...I'm sending the file as a pdf. I have the printing company looking into the problem. If you have any suggestions please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back