Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CMS Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 23, 2012
US
I am running CMS R16 with 4 ACD, all ACDs are being upgraded to 7.1 and then CMS. Avaya is upgraded the HDD only same physical server. My question is there a way where I can use the old HDD to retrieve the old system Historical reports, knowing the old HDD will not be connected to the server no more.
Is therea way to archive the entire old HDD reports and load them on the new CMS HDD system.

Today Makes Tomorrow

When I upgraded Avaya captured the historical data from the system. Then Loaded this data into the new system as ACD1Hist. The New system had ACD1 and ACD1Hist.

Hope this Helps

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Hi
There is an export process to store the historical data "external" from the old CMS on a shared or physical ( USB stick / drive) , you can then safeguard the information and import it back on ACD 1. ( check support.avaya.com , CMS , upgrade documentation ). Its states you can only do this once .. but if you delete ACD1 and add it again you can do it again. Ps. there is an obivous gap in your data though be aware of it , as the historical data is only "historical" if your interval has finished and the CMS has completed consolidating the data. Its very straight forward the biggest hassle was for me to map a drive correctly as my customer did not want me to use external drives. ( please do not use the tapes .. that takes serisouly longer)

Part of the upgrade process will be to perform a backup of the current data and then restore the data back into the system after the hard drive replacement. If you are "merging" the multiple CM platforms and will only have one ACD after the upgrade the historical data from the 3 other ACDs can be put into what is referred to as a "pseudo-acd" so it will be available on your "new" system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back