Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CMS - Total talk time 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen216

MIS
Jul 13, 2006
US
Is there a way in real time reporting to see the total time on a call, even if the agent changes states?

Agent takes call, (timer starts), agent places call on hold, when the agent goes back to the call, the talk time resets to 0.

Is there a way to have the report show total talk time? CM6, CMS R16

Thanks

The only thing I can think of that would provide that information would be in a trace report, in CMS. The agent must have an active trace going on, it wouldn't be exactly like real-time, but each time the agent changes states (hold, unhold), the report should update. You will have to do some quick math to add up the segments but it should give you what you're looking for...with a little work. Just make sure to activate an agent trace on the agent(s) you wish to trace.

thanks Avayaguy, one more related question if I may.

the real-time reports shows a timer for the current action, ie. on call, timer counts,,, put call on hold, timer resets to 0, and starts counting again,, un-hold and talk to caller, timer again resets to 0 and begins counting...

on a historical for the same skill, I see 66 acd calls, with avg talk time of 5 min. Is that total talk time per call, or per segment?

if an agent took a call, put the call on hold, and came back, (talk 3 min, hold 3 min, talk 3 min)how would that count toward the average,,
1 call for 9 min, 3 calls for 3 min ea, 1 call for 6 min, 2 calls for 3 min ea... ?

Thanks

Maybe you should be looking at CDR under the agent's extension.

let me re-phrase, or maybe i should start a new thread...

CDR is not an option right now due to the small amount of calls that it can keep, and I dont have the ability right now to export incremental reports.

The call center manager had two questions for me,, the first one has pretty much been answered. The second one is dealing with historical reports, and the call center manager wants to know what the avg is, that the report is calculating.

in a sample report, one skill lists 122 calls presented, 66 acd calls, 56 abandon. avg talk time 5 min

so, if one call, the agent talked 3 min, put the caller on hold 3 min and then resumed talking for another 3 min, that agent would really have had one call with 6 min of talk time, but what would the CMS actually count in calculating it's average.

The report said 66 ACD calls, that would have been one of the 66, or would CMS count it as 2 (first part and then second part after putting on hold)
The report had avg 5 min talk time, for the example call, would CMS count it as 3 min, 6 min, or 9 min?

hopefully i am clearing the question up and not making it more confusing...
Thanks all in advance.

I'm assuming you're talking about Average ACD Time for calls delivered to a skill.

Check support.avaya.com for CMS Database Items and Calculations document.

Average ACD Time = sum(ACDTIME) / sum(ACDCALLS)

ACDTIME = The talk time of all ACDCALLS. ACDTIME includes O_ACDTIME but does not include
HOLDTIME.

I know that some call centers want total handle time, not just time talking to the caller. So in order to get that time, you would have to add ACD Time, Hold Time and any other item they consider handle time, like ACW Time, etc.

- Stinney
"Scire ubi aliquid invenire possis, ea demum maxima pars eruditionis est"

"To know where to find anything is, after all, the greatest part of education"

Thanks Stinney, just what I needed to know.

Of course, I also like to check what they are stating in their documentation. So I would make a test skill, send a call to it, answer it, talk for 1 minute, put it on hold for 1 minute, take it off hold and talk for another minute, then look at the historical report to make sure the calculation does what they say it does.

I can't remember the specific scenario, but one data calculation they had in their doc didn't cover all data points and I found that something else was influencing the data. So I always check it in a test environment.

- Stinney
"Scire ubi aliquid invenire possis, ea demum maxima pars eruditionis est"

"To know where to find anything is, after all, the greatest part of education"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back