Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CMS Time Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

trickyFP

Technical User
Jan 19, 2006
US
Can anyone advise what the problem might be with regards to our set up. We have numerous sites across Europe where we are all sharing the same CMS server. The Server is located in France where the time on the CMS system is showing the correct time for their country, however across the waters in the UK the CMS time is an hour out of synch.
Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Is the time on the UK PBX correct? I thought the time you saw in CMS reports was coming from the PBX, not the CMS server's internal time?

If you go into CMS and go to System Setup/Storage Interval. Make sure that you are logged into the ACD that you want to change. In this form there is an entry for 'Switch Time Zone Offset' which will let you adjust the time for the ACD in one hour increments.

Kevin

Kevin,

Sounds like you've hit the nail on the head. I will forward this onto the relevant people and let you know if it's resolved.

Thanks

Have heard back from our support team in france yesterday to say that they have already tried this and that it didn't seem to work. Any other ideas?

Hi, i 'am in france and i have a Pbx connected in almelo(nederland) to our frenc CMS v11, may help you.
what is the type of your connection from Uk to french Cms ¨: IP or PGATE (connected to french PBX as gateway? ).
CTR 999 has right : time comme from PBX.

Regards
Michael

TrickyFP I assume that when you say the time is out of sync you are refering to the clock in Supervisor or on a terminal session. This clock is driven from the master clock source, i.e. the designated master ACD. It does not reflect the statistical time which is driven from from the PBX the ACD is connected to. The offset in Storage Intervals really is for when the CMS is not same Timezone that the Master clock source.
The time item in the custom reports is not the current time of the ACD in question rather it the time the report was run and it is in fact the Master clock source time.

You will however find that the interval data does reflect data collected in the correct interval

"Been there, done that and got the teeshirt"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back