Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CMS Supervisor Script

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmyjoe1975

Technical User
Feb 19, 2008
NO
Hi,
I am trying the CMS Script that only allow 1 connection per user in a CMS R17 System. The problem is about to get the pop-up window saying your connection is already in use (echo in the script). As the connection to this CMS release is via ssh I am not getting the pop-up window.
Does anyone this working???
Many Thanks

Not sure if this helps but I've done this by modifying the /usr/bin/cms login script. The pop-up the end user receives however just indicates a connection could not be established. If the CMS Supervisor trace logging is enabled you will see the echo response in the trace log. Im my case the phrase "duplicate login check found" is in the trace log. I haven't done this on a 17.

Hi,
That is exactly my point, it only tells you the connection can not be established put doesn't show the pop-up window with the information you wanna say, so the user will think it is an issue with the application instead of your connection is duplicated. I agree it is shown in the logs, but is not enough because the user will not go to there to check the issue.
Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back