Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CMS Skill Based Reporting Question? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvayaHelp

Programmer
Dec 16, 2003
CA
When I run a report off a Skill, does the report count the time from when the call hits the Skill or from the time the PBX picked up the call from the DID? There are menu options in the Vector that can take up to 1minute and 10 seconds until an option to to skill is allowed. Does that time get added to the Skill report?

Thank you

==========================================================
Does anyone have a quarter, I need to make a phone call?

The time is counted as soon as the call is queued to the skill. The VDN will count all of the call processing.

You didn't mention which report you are looking at, so I pulled up several historical split/skill reports to confirm my thinking. Any of the fields dealing with time (AVG_ANSWER_SPEED or AVG_ABANDON_TIME, for example) clearly state that the clock starts once the call in in queue. In my mind, that means that it starts once the caller reaches your "QUEUE TO SKILL XX" step in your vector.

Susan
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example." - Mark Twain, Pudd'nhead Wilson (1894)

Susan - Sorry I was thinking out loud when I wrote it. I guess I assumed that when I state running a report off a skill is understood as any Skill Report, my bad. But you hit the nail on the head as well as richgarcia87 did as well, I was sure I was correct and you guys did help me confirm that.

Still - it's nice to be aware of how much time calls spend in vectors before they even get to queue. More of the total customer experience. I have a feeling that a lot of callcenters ignore the additional pre-queue vector "overhead" time and concentrate solely on Speed of Answer and Average Abandon time in the Split/Skill reports.

cmarch - it depends how you run your business. If the Client wants 1min10sec of verbiage, then you have to explain that to the Client as 1min10sec of extra delay time before the call will be answered. Most Clients agree that it is not what occurs before the call is queued but more how long does it take to answer the call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back