Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CMS Scripting - Scheduled Tasks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoneGuyNJ

Technical User
Dec 7, 2004
US
Currently we have scheduled tasks running on a server that invokes CMS Scripts for CMS Custom reports.

I am now trying to tweak the same script to run a designer report using notepad, but the report doesnt seem to actually run even though it says that it has with no errors. Does anyone know A. if you can script a designer report, or B. if there is a specific tool out there to actually create CMS Scripts, as I have been doing this by hand.

CMS has "time tables" where you can schedule reports to be printed or exported to a file. You will need a "root" login for this.

I do have root access, but have never set this up before. I would actually like the file exported onto the Windows Server where the scheduled tasks are running.

I forgot to tell you, you will also need an FTP client.

I am sure that we can set something up to ftp these files, but how do I set it up to run the report in the first place?

First you need a root login. Once you get that and have logged in. Hit your F4 button and select "Timetable". I wish I had documentation, but I'm sure you can figure it out from there. It works like an Excel macro pretty much.

You may want to look into purchasing the ODBC driver from Avaya. This will give you a direct link to all of the CMS tables. We use it and it works great.

Are you running automatic scripts? If you are, see if you can run other reports using the auto script. Sometimes I have trouble running them when I am logged into Centrevu. Try setting up some scripts to run and then logout of Centrevu and see if they run.

Don't forget to check your CMS script log for errors (cvs.log) .

Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back